What is FarmsGate?
FarmsGate is an online marketplace that allows farmers to sell their farm produce directly to their customers. It is a community-based initiative that enables customers around the globe to buy fresh, local and seasonal farm produce directly from the farms. We are building the confidence of farmers by supporting them with technology-based solutions.
How is FarmsGate different from other platforms?
- FarmsGate is exclusively for farms, farm produce and farming related services
- We created the harvest calendar to enable pre-orders of fresh produce in advance, which is something completely new to the market.
- As consumers are directly connected with farmers, no middlemen are required. Our farmers have full control over product, price, quantity and delivery. Delivery is direct from the farm rather than the warehouse, so there is no storage and no preservatives required.
- Farmers exhibit their farms on FarmsGate and consumers across the globe have access to that.
Who is your farmer?
The farmers on our platform are committed to producing quality farm produce in a sustainable way. Some farmers cultivate specific crops and produce while others grow dozens of different crops and raise pastured poultry, cows, buffalo, goat, sheep, camels, etc on their farms.
What are the benefits of buying farm produce from FarmsGate?
- Better price & quality farm produce by dealing directly with farmers
- Freedom of choice - get access to millions of farms around the globe
- Transparent- traceability, live farm data, and direct communication with farmers
- It is fresher, tastier, and more nutritious than what is available in markets and stores these days.
- Directly comes delivery from the farm, which means no storage and no preservatives are required.
- Consumers can arrange farm visits and meet the farmers to get to know them and their farms.
- There are so many options to choose from and you can compare by reading reviews
- Delivery is direct to your door
- You are supporting the local economy
What is a harvest calendar?
The harvest calendar is the crop harvesting schedule decided by the farmer, specifying the minimum quantity available for purchase. This will be displayed on individual product pages for each farm. The harvest calendar is helpful for finding out about the future availability of farm produce and pre-booking your order based on individual requirements (retail and wholesale). This helps you to plan your requirements for farm produce and manage expenses at the same time.
How do I buy farm produce from FarmsGate?
- Mention your delivery location
- Select items from nearby farms
- Click proceed to check out
- Pay online
How do I prebook farm produce from FarmsGate?
- Choose your delivery location
- Select the farm, items you want to buy
- On individual crop pages you can see the harvesting calendar which shows the available quantity
- From the crop calendar you can add selected items for a future delivery date, then you can book your delivery
- Click proceed to checkout
- Pay online
What is the minimum order value?
There is no minimum order value required to place an order with our portal, but we have a minimum order value condition to get “free door delivery” and it varies from farm to farm.
We are working towards keeping a minimal carbon footprint through our operation. So, in order to make delivery environmentally viable we recommend you keep the minimum order value at AED 50.
How do you ship orders?
We are dealing with perishable goods, so we/farmer deliver your farm produce in temperature-controlled vehicles. We pack your products in food grade packing material, and we deliver your product in corrugated boxes or paper bags based on the size and weight of an order.
What is your lead time and cut off time?
Your order should be placed before 12 AM midnight, any day of the week, in order to be processed and have your products harvested, packaged and shipped for delivery the following day. Orders placed online after 12 AM midnight will be processed on the following day.
What do you mean by pick up location?
We have three different types of delivery modes for delivering orders. Some farmers use the delivery system of FarmsGate, some farmers have their own delivery system and some farms have their shops in the city, so they keep your order ready in their shop to be collected at the stipulated time. These shops show a “pick up location”. The specific delivery mode, delivery charges of individual farms and pick up locations are mentioned on individual farm details pages.
Where are your services available?
FarmsGate is a global online platform for the farmers and the consumers. Farmers across the globe can list their farms with us and start selling their fresh farm produce online. Currently FarmsGate delivery service will be available in selected emirates of UAE. Soon will be available in other countries too.
Can I have products delivered tomorrow?
Your order must be placed before 12 AM midnight in order for it to be delivered tomorrow. Usually harvesting is done based on the orders in the morning and we deliver to you on the same day directly from the farm. We start our delivery operations at 9.00 AM every day.
Do you offer free delivery?
If a farm offers “FarmsGate delivery” we deliver farm produce free if the order value is over and above AED 50 per day, per farm.
An order value per day, per farm of AED 50 or below will incur delivery charges of AED 10 per farm, per day.
Farms with individual delivery facilities charge independent delivery fees as per their delivery policy.
How do I pay for my orders?
You can pay using debit cards, credit cards, or net banking supported by our online payment gateway partners. Don’t worry - it’s all safe and secure.
How do I reset my password?
On the sign in page, click on 'Forgot your password?' and a link to reset your password will be sent to the registered email address on your account. Be sure to access the link right away before it expires.
Didn't click the link in time? No problem. Just repeat the same process again and a new password link will immediately be sent to you.
If you don't receive the email, try checking your spam, promotions, or updates folders.
If I am not satisfied with my order when it arrives, what should I do?
We guarantee that your order will arrive in excellent condition. Please note that we are unable to accept returns on perishable items. However, at our sole discretion, we may issue you a credit or resend your order if the product is not in excellent condition. Click here: https://farmsgate.com/en/refund-policy for our return and refund policy. Please also keep in mind that we are not responsible for products that spoil if no one is there to receive the delivery on the specified date.
Is it possible to visit the farms?
Absolutely yes! We highly encourage you to visit the farm - it’s an essential part of the FarmsGate services. Just make sure you schedule a farm visit through the farm visit section in your user dash board. This will allow your farmer to prepare to assist you during your visit.
Why are some products listed on your portal not available on the current date?
Farming is highly dependent on weather conditions and seasons. Certain products are seasonally grown for optimal quality and flavor, so they may not be available all year round. However, the products are still listed so that you may know what is generally available throughout the year.
Is all of the farm produce organic?
FarmsGate is an online marketplace for farmers in which there are many categories of farmers listing their farms. Each farm offers produce grown in the farmer's traditional way, so it may be organic, normal(conventional) or natural. FarmsGate always allows you to choose according to your preferences.